Are eye creams a scam?
Short answer: no.
Much longer answer: although some sources claim there’s no difference between eye cream and regular moisturizer, the eye area actually has some really specific differences and needs.
Some unique concerns for why eye creams are necessary:
- The skin around the eye is by far the thinnest skin on your face and is some of the thinnest skin on your entire body, meaning it’s more prone to irritation and a damaged moisture barrier.
- That area experiences more movement, rubbing, makeup, etc. than the rest of your face. It’s why crow’s feet are often the first wrinkles we develop.
- Dark circles under eyes only appear in that specific area, nowhere else on the body.
While a gentle moisturizer makes a perfectly fine cream, a well-formulated eye cream can address those specific concerns better than a one-size-fits-all moisturizer.
We kept all that in mind when we developed Lipid Gold Eye Cream, so what does our eye cream do?:
- Even more of the skin barrier-repairing lipids vs. the original Lipid Gold formula
- Ingredients to fade dark circles under eyes by flushing out accumulated pigment beneath the skin
- Peptides to firm and plump the skin
- Occlusives to help lock in moisture
Are there eye creams out there that are a scam? Maybe. But Lipid Gold Eye Cream isn’t one of them.
Here’s why you should give Lipid Gold Eye cream a try:
All the power of Lipid Gold in an enhanced and nourishing eye cream formula designed to get rid of dark circles under eyes, enhance firmness, and fortify the delicate skin around the eyes.
We took the power of our beloved Lipid Gold ceramide moisturizer’s formula and increased the ceramides, cholesterol, and fatty acids to help strengthen and protect the uniquely thin skin around the eyes. The formula also features some new additions like algae extract and chrysin as dark circles under eyes treatment, two new peptides to increase skin firmness, and occlusives to help lock in moisture to prevent transepidermal water loss (TEWL).
Skin-identical lipids strengthen delicate skin around the eyes
- Mimics natural skin barrier with ceramides, cholesterol, and fatty acids
- Fights dark circles under eyes by helping to clear out pigment pooled beneath the skin
- Peptides to firm skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines with collagen production
- Occlusives to lock in moisture and prevent irritation & transepidermal water loss (TEWL)