Stratia is hiring an Office Assistant! This is a part-time position for 20 hours per week at $15/hr, and is located in Torrance, CA. See below for the full job description. To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office Assistant - Torrance, CA
Stratia makes skincare that works. Our products are formulated carefully and precisely using active ingredients in proven combinations to create no-frills, gimmick-free, truly effective skincare.
Up until now, Stratia has been a one-woman show. I launched Stratia in May 2016, and since then have done all R&D, manufacturing, customer service, social media, and admin myself. Stratia has grown to the point where that’s no longer feasible, so I’m looking to hire the very first employee.
Listen, I may be biased, but Stratia is an amazing place to work. You'll have the flexibility to set your own hours, the autonomy to create your own work flow, and an extremely excellent boss. It ain't glamorous work, but it's immensely satisfying and rewarding, and the opportunity for growth in this position is virtually infinite.
Your cover letter (who you are) is much more important to me than your resume (what you've done).
Job Overview: This is an office/warehouse assistant role that encompasses a wide range of tasks, and also requires some flexibility as the company continues to grow and new needs emerge. Duties include labeling product, assembling marketing materials, cleaning, assisting with office needs, and taking photos/videos for social media. This is a part-time hourly position for 20 hours per week, with the potential for future growth.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist the owner with non-specialized duties around the warehouse, including but not limited to: bottling product, labeling product, sanitizing bottles, taking inventory, and cleaning.
- Wash and clean all manufacturing equipment.
- Perform repetitive tasks like packing candy into bags.
- Take photos and videos for use in Stratia’s social media.
- Manage calendar.
- High school diploma required.
- Must be able to perform tasks with minimal supervision; self-motivated and hard-working.
- Passionate about skincare (tell me about your skincare routine!).
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds for a short distance.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for several hours at a time.
- Must be able to use a broom, vacuum, and mop.
- Good photography skills strongly preferred; applications that include photography examples (e.g. portfolio, Instagram page) greatly appreciated.
- Strong communication skills.
- Flexible and able to adapt to unique environments.
- Desire to grow and expand with the company.
Stratia is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.